Nothing beats a hot off the grill bibingka with freshly grated coconut or butter on top!
2 cups rice flour
½ cup + 2 tablespoon raw sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher
2 pieces eggs , well beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon anise seeds
1 – 14.5 ounces can coconut milk + water to make 2 cups
- Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Line each mold (ramekins) with wilted banana leaf. Arrange in sheet.
- In a bowl, sift and mix all dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, vanilla extract and anise seeds. Beat well.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Add coconut milk and whisk a few times ensuring that all is incorporated well.
- Slowly pour batter equally into the molds (you can use an ice cream scoop).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done (Test with a toothpick and make sure it comes out dry not wet. Otherwise, bake an additional 5 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.)
- Serve warm or room temperature.