One of the many variations of Filipino chicken dishes, the chicken curry is a mouthful of flavors with ever bite. The sauce is creamy and the chicken interplay with the creaminess of the sauce. The explosion of flavor in your mouth is like no other.
1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
2 medium sized potatoes, chopped
1 big carrot, sliced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, cut into 2 inches length
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp curry powder
1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
1 cup water
- In a saucepan over low heat, add oil.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Cook for a full minute or until when it starts to be transparent.
- Remove vegetable pieces and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onion until transparent. Add garlic and cook. Do not burn.
- Add chicken pieces and cook. Season to taste. It is best to build the flavor as early as this stage.
- Add water then cover the pot. Lower heat to medium and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the red bell pepper, celery, carrot and potato then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for another 5 minutes.